A brand that I have come to know and love is Eau Thermale Avene. Ever since my eczema has gotten worse I’ve been on the hunt for skin care products that work and are safe for my skin. I used Avene’s Thermal Spring Water years ago and then somehow forgot that there were other products I could use. So I bought a number of products from them and thought I would see if they were safe and effective for my skin type. I’m happy to report that I love all their products! Most, if not all, Avene products are safe for even babies to use. Here is a review of some of their products, as well as, any extra tips on how to use them if there are any.
THERMAL SPRING WATER
Avene’s Thermal Spring Water is the MVP of all their products because is it multi-purpose and multi-functional. It is their number one selling product and is infused in all of their other products because of it’s soothing and healing factors. I was told by a manager who used to work for Avene in Paris that hospital use this for all their patients, especially those with wounds or other skin conditions. Avene’s Thermal Spring Water can be used for pretty much anything!
- Hydration: perfect for traveling or daily hydration on-the-go
- Itchiness: I was told to spray this on the areas that I feel itchy and it will slowly diminish. I tested it out a few times and it does work. The only problem for me is remembering to do so. My skin itches when it is dry so this lightweight spray helps to nourish and soothe my skin.
- Makeup Setter: If you’re going out for a long day and are worried some of your makeup won’t last, spritz on a bit of this and it should help your makeup last longer.
- Soothes: sunburns, irritated skin, diaper rash, takes way facial redness
SOOTHING MOISTURE MASK
This mask is perfect for sensitive skin. It will provide moisture for those extra dry days. If your skin is irritated, dehydrated, or dry this mask if perfect for you.
- Soothes: takes away redness, tight, and burning skin
XERA CALM AD CLEANSING OIL & CREAM
The whole XeraCalm line from Avene is amazing! These products helped me get through my worst outbreaks of eczema this year. It replenishes lipids in your skin to restore any damaged or broken skin. It’s gentle enough for everyone to use it and their cleansing oil is soap free for those extra sensitive to detergent and soap. They produced these products with minimal ingredients to further minimize breakouts from those allergic to everything and it is safe enough for babies to use these products too.
- Repair broken or dry skin
- Protects from dehydration
- Soothes redness
- Reduces itchiness
Cicalfate is a restorative skin cream for those who have broken or damaged skin. It restores the cutaneous barrier of the skin which is responsible for protection against outside bacteria, hydration, and prevention of breakage of the skin.
- Restoration: Helps heal the skin by restoring it’s cutaneous barrier
- Soothes skin discomfort
I haven’t found a product that I don’t like from Avene. It’s important to find at least a skincare brand that you’re comfortable with, especially if you have any pre-existing skin conditions. What’s your go-to skin care line? If you try out any of these products let me know what you think of it.